When talk about Practical RF Planning then its also needs to take care about losses and physical losses like Cable,Connector and Combiner at BTS is more important.
- Two types of cables are used, main cable and jumper cable.
- Cable losses are given in per 100feet.
- Jumper cable has more loss than main cable.
- Cable loss is also dependant on frequency
- Connectors used to connect RF components have a typical loss of 0.1dB each.
- A combiner is a device that enables several transmitters of different frequencies to transmit from the same antenna.
- Two types of combiners are available.
- Hybrid combiners combine two inputs to one output.
- Hybrid combiners have a typical insertion loss of 3dB.
- Cavity combiners combine more input to one output ( typically 5 inputs)
- Cavity combiners have around 3dB loss.
- Cavity combiners cannot be used in cells where synthesizer frequency hopping is used.