LTE RAN provides the physical radio link between the User Equipment (UE) and the Evolved Packet Core (EPC) network. LTE RAN comprises eNodeBs. The eNodeB contains Transmit Receive Duplex Units (TRDUs) or Remote Radio Heads (RRHs) and communicates with the UEs. The eNodeB supports Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO).
The LTE RAN – eNodeB provides:
- Radio resource management: Radio Bearer Control, Radio Admission Control,
- Connection Mobility Control, and Dynamic allocation of resources to UEs in uplink
- and downlink (scheduling)
- S1-MME interface to Mobility Management Entity (MME)
- S1-U interface to Serving Gateway (S-GW)
- IP header compression and encryption of user data stream
- Routing of user plane data towards S-GW
- Scheduling and transmission of paging messages (originated from MME)
- Scheduling and transmission of broadcast information (originated from MME or
- Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM))
- Bearer level rate enforcement and bearer level admission control
- Handover support
This is Short work of eNodeB of LTE RAN its work widely which I already written in my Previous Article.