In GSM System Losses is different type here i write about Losses by Duplexer, Body And Penetration
- A duplexer enables simultaneous transmission and reception of signals on the same antenna.
- It provides isolation between the transmitted and received signal.
- Duplexers typically have a insertion loss of 0.5 to 1 dB
- For all receiving environments a loss associated with the effect of users body on propagation has to be used I.e. proximity of the user with the mobile.
- This effect is in the form of few dB losses in both the uplink and downlink directions.
- Body loss is typically taken as 2 dB.
- Penetration losses depend on the location of the subscriber with respect to the site.
- Generally 3 types of scenarios are taken into consideration viz. In-building, In-car and on street.
- Body loss is also a type of penetration loss.