To provide the most critical information to the UEs, the eNodeB uses the BCH channel The information is sent on pre-defined time-frequency resources.
This information is organized into different information blocks:
- The MIB, the Master Information Block.
- System Frame Number
- DL -downlink System Bandwidth
- Number of Transmit Antennas at eNodeB
- Periodicity: 4 RFs
- How other SIBs are scheduled and cell accessibility
- Periodicity: 8 RFs
- SIB2: Access Info
- SIB3: Serving Cell info for Cell reselection
- SIB4: Intra-frequency neighbors
- SIB5: Other e-UTRA frequency
- SIB6: UTRA frequency
The MIB is carried by the BCH channel.
All the SIBs are carried by the DL-SCH. downlink synchronization channel